The Atlantic/Cape May advocacy team is a combination of people in long term recovery, and a number of strong family advocates that have lost loved ones to addiction that speak out against the stigma on family members and those still struggling.
The team has many strong voices that have focused on bringing community decision makers into the process of effecting local change.
Anyone is welcome to the advocacy meetings and the direction of what the team works on is based on those who participate. Each team has a contact person to help you get involved with your local advocacy team. Hope to see you at the next team advocacy meeting!
Check out our calendar for team meeting and events information.
Here are a few things the Atlantic/Cape May county team has worked on together
· Community Listening Forums with local elected officials, law enforcement and those working in the criminal justice system to share stories of hope and advocacy solutions
· Legislative Office Visits
· Work with local police chiefs in helping overdose victims find the support they need to get on a path of recovery by using patient navigators or recovery coaches.
· Empowering Drug Court participants with letter writing campaigns for changes in expungement laws.
· Provided testimony at the Annual NJ Budget hearings and Department of Human Services
· Recovery Walks and other Addiction Awareness events
· New Jersey insurance equality for behavioral health services
· Advocating to expand treatment capacity in South Jersey
· Advancing NCADD-NJ’s Road to Recovery Campaign
· Naloxone Education and Expansion