The Cumberland/Salem advocacy team is a combination of people in long term recovery, young people, and treatment providers that have done a lot of work to address insurance discrimination for those working to get access to addiction services.
Anyone is welcome to the advocacy meetings and the direction of what the team works on is based on those who participate. Each team has a contact person to help you get involved with your local advocacy team. Hope to see you at the next team advocacy meeting!
Check out our calendar for team meeting and events!
Here are a few things the Cumberland/Salem county team has worked on together
· New Jersey insurance equality for behavioral health services
· Community Recovery Celebrations
· Advocating to expand treatment capacity in South Jersey
· Hosting Advocacy Skill Trainings
· Provided testimony at the Annual NJ Budget hearings and Department of Human Services