The team has many strong voices that have focused on bringing community decision makers into the process of effecting local change.
Anyone is welcome to the advocacy meetings and the direction of what the team works on is based on those who participate. Each team has a contact person to help you get involved with your local advocacy team. Hope to see you at the next team advocacy meeting!
Check out our calendar for team meetings and events
Here are a few things the Camden/Gloucester/Burlington county team has worked on together:
· Cape May and Gloucester County Resource Guide.
· Community Listening Forums with local elected officials, law enforcement and those working in the criminal justice system to share stories of hope and advocacy solutions.
· Hosted a community event on Reducing Stigma in each county in just one year!
· Legislative Office Visits to share their ideas and stories of hope.
· Built strong relationships with local law enforcement and worked with police chiefs in Gloucester and Camden county to help overdose victims find the support they need to get on a path of recovery.
· Naloxone Education and Expansion
· Advancing NCADD-NJ’s Road to Recovery Campaign
· Candlelight vigils for those we have lost to addiction
· Provided testimony at the Annual NJ Budget hearings and Department of Human Services
· Recovery Month Celebrations
· New Jersey insurance equality for behavioral health services
· NCADD-NJ Advocates Speak Out video series
· Advocating to expand treatment capacity in South Jersey
· Made it easier for people to find help in the region by making a county resource guide (available upon request) and an Addiction support search engine at www.usaaddictionhelp.com