Anyone is welcome to the advocacy meetings and the direction of what the team works on is based on those who participate. Each team has a contact person to help you get involved with your local advocacy team. Hope to see you at the next team advocacy meeting!
Check out our calendar for meetings and events!
Here are a few things the Essex/Passaic/Bergen/Hudson county team has worked on together
· Community Listening Forums with local elected officials and those working in the criminal justice system to share stories of hope and advocacy solutions. The events have varied themes such as Many Pathways to Recovery, or Reducing Stigma and Recidivism
· Legislative Office Visits to share their ideas and stories of hope.
· Educational workshops on accessing healthcare in NJ.
· Advancing Peer to Peer Recovery Support.
· Helped organize a statewide event on the importance of Recovery Housing which helped form the Recovery Support Service Coalition.
· Provided testimony at the Annual NJ Budget hearings and Department of Human Services, in addition to testifying for or against bills at the state house.
· Recovery Month Celebrations
· NCADD-NJ Advocates Speak Out video series
· Advancing NCADD-NJ’s Road to Recovery Campaign
Here is a great article from one of their events! http://www.northjersey.com/news/at-eva-s-village-in-paterson-personal-tales-ease-stigma-about-addiction-1.1100203